How to Compare New Custom Home Builders in Perth
Every homebuilder is a little different, we spend a lot of time with our customers & detail the costs associated with their build upfront. We give a firm price that won’t change unless they want it to.
Tips on How to Compare New Home Builders
- Create a home evaluation checklist to ensure you’ve judged each home on the same criteria.
- Be mindful that any free inclusions or incentives are not the deciding factor, as this cost is usually built in to the price of the home.
- Check company build times, as these can vary greatly between builders.
- Do not be pressured into signing or paying for anything until you are absolutely sure about your decision to commit.
- Watch out for PC (prime cost) & PS (provisional sum) contingencies as these have the potential to increase the overall cost significantly. Choose a builder who avoids these.
- Ensure the cost of site works and coastal conditions (if applicable) is included in the total build cost.
- If using a Building broker, remember nothing is free, their fee usually paid by the builder is included in your construction costs.
- Don’t get hung up on cost per sqm. There can be a significant difference between this figure, depending on specification levels. Be sure to consider all the costs associated with how you want your house finished, not just built.