Perth House Design
A house is where owners spend a lot of time, so it should be designed around the occupants. One of the most common misconceptions about custom designed homes is that they are expensive. They actually represent real value for money & can accommodate most budgets from first home owners upwards.
Looking to design your own home but don’t know where to begin? We’re happy to assist through the planning, designing & building process. If you have not already secured the land we’re also happy to guide you through a no obligation selection process.
Home Design Checklist
- Establish a budget
- Collect images & photos which appeal to you
- Examine your current home & lifestyle
- What do you envisage in your new home that the current one lacks
- Single, two storey or split level home
- Decide on a style – Contemporary, Modern, Traditional etc, taking into consideration the character of your neighbourhood. What styles, materials & scales are providing the context in your street?
- Roof style – hip, gable, skillion or flat
- Sketch a rough floorplan
- Main & other living areas required – Open plan or a more formal arrangement of rooms. Can these areas be dividied up as needed, for economical heating & cooling
- Consider your daily routine & look for spaces that will help keep your life more organised
- Number of bedrooms & bathrooms
- Master bedroom – just for sleeping or to incorporate a private retreat
- Minor bedrooms – close or away from the master bedroom
- Ensure adequate storage & wardrobe facilities
- Lifestyle features – alfresco & garden areas
Contact us for a FREE consultation