Choosing The Right Custom Builder Perth
Project or Custom – How to choose the right Builder for your new home
Project Home Builders have many pre-designed plans to suit different block sizes & budgets. The design will be generic & not necessary tailored to client needs, there will also be limitations on what changes can be made.
The process with a Custom Home Builder is personal & bespoke. The Builder begins with a blank canvas & a wish list, from which a unique home design is created with the client, to suit the actual block of land, it’s orientation, lifestyle needs & budget.
It’s important to know the questions to ask your prospective Builder instead of finding out critical information when it’s too late.
- Don’t entertain pressure sales – sign a building contract only when you’re ready
- Once the building contract has been signed, will there be any change to the price
- Compare standard inclusions between Builders
- Ensure the contract documents will cover every aspect of the build
- Be wary of PC (Prime Cost) & PS (Provisional Sum) amounts & ensure the $ value proposed is sufficient
- Enquire about the builders variation fees & charges, for post contract changes
- Who will be the point of contact throughout the whole process
- Expected time to commence from contract signing
- Expected construction time frame from commencement to completion
- Who is the project manager & how often does the work get inspected
- How many homes will be under construction & supervised at any one time
- Owner ease of access to site visits from lock up stage
- Builder after hours flexibility for scheduling meetings throughout the process with owners
- Check the builders registration & licence status
Contact us for a No Obligation consultation to on 9305 4381 / 0422 760 890 or connect with us on Facebook.